Robert Howze Park is 4.87 acres, with a playground, 0.5-mile paved walking trail, softball field, soccer field, 6 outdoor lighted basketball courts, benches, water fountains, and the Lester Community Center on-site. Off-street parking is available.
LESTER COMMUNITY CENTER
Lester Community Center is on-site, with an aquatics center and outdoor pool, 8 indoor basketball courts in gymnasiums, computer lab, meeting room, dance room, craft room, game room, phonics room, restrooms, and off-street parking for both the center and park.
All Memphis Parks community centers provide:
• Classes, programs, and events in five core services
• Health, fitness, and wellness services and programs
• Educational development and training services
• Cultural arts programming
• Dance and musical expression
• Character building and social development
• Summer day camp
• A gymnasium, game room, art studio, kitchen, and meeting rooms
• Supervised youth team sports
• Time for free play
• Holiday events
All community centers are available for family reunions, banquets, wedding receptions, business meetings, and more. Some of the activities offered might require an additional fee for persons who live outside the Memphis City Limits.
Call 901-636-0788 for more information.
Director: Walter Casey
Asst. Director: Alice Davis
Outdoor pools are only open during the summers.
Tuesday – Friday: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Note: All pools will be cleared 30 minutes prior to close
For more information, contact us:
Christopher Wells, Aquatics Supervisor