Raines-Finley Park in Whitehaven is 20 acres, with a splash pad, playground, football field, a 0.5 mile paved walking trail, and a pavilion.
WHITEHAVEN COMMUNITY CENTER
Whitehaven Community Center is on-site with an indoor basketball court in a gymnasium, kitchen, dance studio, and art room. It offers various after-school and summer camps, as well as many events throughout the year.
Health, Fitness, and Wellness Programs
- Studio 106 Line Dance Aerobics
- Chicago Style Stepping
- Basketball Ages 3-17
Educational Development and Training
- Mayor’s Ambassador Program
- Tutoring K-12
- Arts & Crafts
Dance and Music Expression
- Hip Hop Dance
- Majorettes Teams
Character Building and Social Development
- Family Night
- Summer Day Camp
- Day Watcher
- February – Black History Programming
- March – Spring Break Activities Daily
- April – Easter Egg Hunt
- October – Halloween Party
- November – Thanksgiving Basket Giveaways
- December – Christmas Basket Giveaways
All Memphis Parks community centers provide:
• Classes, programs, and events in five core services
• Health, fitness, and wellness services and programs
• Educational development and training services
• Cultural arts programming
• Dance and musical expression
• Character building and social development
• Summer day camp
• A gymnasium, game room, art studio, kitchen, and meeting rooms
• Supervised youth team sports
• Time for free play
• Holiday events
All community centers are available for family reunions, banquets, wedding receptions, business meetings, and more. Some of the activities offered might require an additional fee for persons who live outside the Memphis City Limits.
Call 901-636-0796 for more information.
Director: Ivory Boykins
Assistant Director: Jesse McClain
Eldon Roark Tennis Center
Owned by Tennis Memphis, the Eldon Roark Tennis Center includes 8 outdoor courts and 4 indoor courts. The tennis center offers tennis services and programming to the community, including court rentals, racquet stringing, adult and junior programming, outreach programming, summer camps, and more.
Call the tennis center to make a reservation for up to two days in advance and five days for cardholders.