Chickasaw Heritage Park is a 17-acre park including historic markers and statues, Native American earth mounds, an outdoor basketball court, a playground, a ball field, and a pavilion.
Formerly the fortress of Chickasaw chief Chisca, the park features two ceremonial mounds that were built by Paleo-Indians. During the Civil War, these same mounds were hollowed out and used for gun emplacements and munitions storage. The area is also believed to be where Spanish explorer Hernando DeSoto first viewed the Mississippi River in 1541.
It is currently under Memphis River Parks management.